If your senses tell you that Utica Shale activity in Ohio now compared to about the same time last year is up significantly, you are correct.
Comparing mid October 2012 vs. mid October 2013
Looking at the latest October 19, 2013 report from the Ohio DNR vs. about that period last year. Some of the interesting facts.
Cumulative permits issued to date more than doubled
- October 2012 (405), October 2013 (935) - Up 130%
- October 2012 (32), October 2013 (83) - Up 159%
- October 2012 (25), October 2013 (31)
- New operators added from Oct 2012 to Oct 2013
- Brammer Engineering
- Eclipse Resources
- EM Energy
- Triad Hunter
- October 2012 ( 24), October 2013 (169)
Data Source: Ohio DNR.
Note: Though great care is taken to present numbers accurately, I make no guarantee that any numbers presented on this Web site are 100% accurate.